Top 6 places to take your Valentine in Adana.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and men, it’s good to have a plan. What better way to celebrate this hallmark holiday than with dinner at an upscale restaurant? The six restaurants below are among my best recommendations for a fancy dinner in Adana. I’ve linked to the restaurant’s website and provided a phone number for making reservations. I’d recommend arriving early if you don’t have reservations; however the restaurants below featuring fixed menus all start at 8:00 pm. Please feel free to comment below if you’d like detailed directions to any of these places.
Western – Turkish Blend
- Terrace – Terrace Restaurant is one of Adana’s enduring establishments for high quality food in a sophisticated atmosphere. Their menu is a perfect blend of Turkish specialties and western options. I’m told that the owner is a very serious foodie and this is why the standards of quality have remained high for so long. Terrace’s Valentine’s Day program consists of a fixed menu of Cheese platter, hot and cold Turkish appetizers, spring rolls, a main course of fish or chicken and deserts. Soft drinks are included in the price of 50TL. They will have acoustic classical Turkish music. The program starts around 8:00pm. 0322-226-0343 Directions here
- The North Shield –A beautifully designed Irish pub, The North Shield is one of the nicest places to have a beer and a western meal in all of Adana. They also have an extensive selection of single malt whiskies. North Shield is a block south of the train station on Ziya Pasa Blvd Map. 0322-458-6262
- Park Zirve – One of Adana’s fanciest restaurants, Park Zirve is putting two special events on Valentines day. The first event is a dinner with a fixed menu, unlimited drinks and live music for 95 TL. Although the price may seem high, I can virtually gurantee that you won’t be disappointed with the quality of the meal. The second event is an evening of dancing to a DJ in their club with a cover charge of 30TL (one drink is included.) For reservations call 0322-231-2404. Map
- Şato (Website in English) Şato restaurant is a beautifully designed restaurant in North Adana with an outstanding menu. They will be putting on a special program for Valentine ’s Day. For 80TL, you get a full meal (appetizers – hot and cold, salad, the main meal of Kavurma (a meat and vegetable dish which is amazing), desert and unlimited drinks. They will have live Turkish acoustic folk music performing. 0322-233-1444 Map
- Kumkapı –is a nice fish restaurant near the Burger King in Gazi Pasa Neighborhood. If you want a simpler night, you may want to take your valentine to Kumkapı for a quiet dinner and follow up with deserts and coffee at Mado or Starbucks on Ziya Paşa. Map0322-458-3238Traditional Adana Cuisine
- Gazi Paşa Restaurant – I’ve written recently about Gazi Paşa Restaurant, and I’m very fond of the place. This could possibly be the most sophisticated place to have true Adana Kebap in the world. If you want to have traditional Turkish food this Valentine ’s Day, but want the luxury of a fancy restaurant, Gazi Paşa Restaurant is the perfect place for you 0322-453-3550.